Counter Sales Representative
Fort Garry Industries is seeking a Counter Sales Representative to join our Winnipeg team. This role is responsible for helping Customers with their part selections and purchase for Heavy Duty trucks, trailers, buses, and other heavy equipment.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Assist customers with assessing the correct parts for their need and application.
- Processes orders from walk-in customers, over the phone and by electronic communication.
- Assist our Outside Sales Team in processing Customer orders and inquiries.
- Clearly and effectively communicate product features, benefits, and warranty policy to customers.
- Provide information on related items, specials, and new products.
- Locate and/or acquire items as required from stock, other locations, or suppliers.
- Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed.
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude and always show professionalism in conduct and appearance.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Be available to work a Saturday shift and be on-call after hours
- May be required to operate powered mobile equipment with applicable training.
- Adhere to Fort Garry Industries policies and procedure
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Explorer and Outlook).
- Knowledge and experience in Heavy Duty parts an asset.
- Knowledge in Heavy Duty cataloguing and/or inventory management systems an asset.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced retail sales environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Physical Demands: Handling of stock items that may include lifting or carrying of items up to 60 lbs.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- 1-year related experience an asset.
- Previous experience in a Customer Service Sales role preferably in a Heavy-Duty parts or automotive environment.
- HD parts knowledge an asset.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We are looking for hard working, courteous and motivated individuals who can work in a fast- paced environment. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit plan including matching RRSP contribution plan.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Established in 1919, Fort Garry Industries Ltd. is one of the largest aftermarket distributors in heavy- duty truck and trailer parts in Canada. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Fort Garry is a family owned and operated with facilities in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia.