Counter Sales Representative
Fort Garry has an exciting opportunity for a Counter Sales Representative working out of our Thunder Bay branch. Serving Customers in person and over the phone, this position is responsible for helping customers with their parts selection and purchase for Heavy Duty trucks, trailers, buses, and other heavy equipment.
- Assist customers with assessing the correct parts for their need and application.
- Processes orders from walk-in customers, over the phone and by electronic communication
- Assist our Outside Sales Team in processing Customer orders and inquiries.
- Clearly and effectively communicate product features, benefits, and warranty policy to customers.
- Provide information on related items, specials, and new products.
- Locate and/or acquire items as required from stock, other locations, or suppliers.
- Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed.
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude and always show professionalism in conduct and appearance.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Be available to work a Saturday shift and be on-call after hours.
- May be required to operate powered mobile equipment with applicable training.
- Adhere to Fort Garry Industries policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Explorer, and Outlook)
- Knowledge and experience in Heavy Duty parts an asset
- Knowledge in Heavy Duty cataloguing and/or inventory management systems an asset.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced retail sale environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Handling of stock items that may include lifting or carrying of items up to 60 lbs.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- 1-year related experience in high volume customer service, retail or automotive is an asset.
- Priority given to applicants with Heavy Duty Equipment knowledge and/or experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919, Fort Garry Industries operates 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia. Fort Garry is a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great Customer Service in a positive work environment.
We are looking for hard working, courteous and motivated individuals who can work in a fast-paced environment. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit plan including employer funded DPSP Program.
COVID 19 Protocol: If you are not vaccinated or chose not to share that information, you will be required to wear a mask in the workplace. FGI is not mandating getting vaccinations or providing proof of vaccinations. If you are unvaccinated or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to wear a mask while performing your duties.