Fort Garry has an opening for a Full-Time Driver working out of our Red Deer branch. This position consists of an array of functions that may include picking and filling orders from stock in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, ensuring the order being delivered is correct and maintaining professionalism in appearance and conduct.
- Load materials into vehicle and install straps, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Follow company delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
- Pick up all applicable returns and cores, tagging appropriately and returning them to the branch.
- Determine delivery vehicle is in an operative condition daily by completing daily inspection/log. Maintain a clean vehicle and operate vehicle in a safe manner daily.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Check all load–related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all customers, professional conduct, and appearance
- Operate delivery vehicle in a safe, responsible, and courteous manor
- Ability to present clean driving abstract, and maintain it throughout employment
- Check vehicles before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Functionally literate and capable of recognizing parts numbers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Heavy duty parts supply background and /or knowledge an asset
- Forklift operator certification and 1 year experience operating a forklift an asset
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Those interviewed will be required to produce a copy of their driver abstract that is no more than 1 month old.
Please note: All applicants must include a cover letter stating their full vaccination status. Resumes that do not include vaccination status will not be considered.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.