Fort Garry Industries has an opening for a Full-Time Driver working out of our Winnipeg branch. NOC C (7514)
This position is responsible for picking and filling orders from stock and safely delivering them to our customers.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages with a monthly bonus program
- Extensive benefits program including health, dental and life insurance
- Ongoing paid training
- Dedicated and well-maintained company supplied vehicle
- Annual review and pay increases
- Advancement opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Load materials into vehicle and install straps, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Follow company delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Check all load–related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct as you promote good working relationships with all customers.
Physical Demands and Equipment:
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack pull and transport heavy items (between 40-100lbs)
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job. (Yearly safety shoe allowance)
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Valid non GDL drivers’ license with three years driving experience
- Driver’s abstract with no major infractions (1 month old maximum)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and attention to detail.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers, and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 19 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.