Fort Garry has an opening for a Full-Time Driver working out of our Lloydminster branch. This position consists of an array of functions that may include picking and filling orders from stock in a fast- paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, ensuring the order being delivered is correct and maintaining professionalism in appearance and conduct.
- Load materials into vehicle and install straps, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Follow company delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
- Pick up any and all applicable returns and cores, tagging appropriately and returning them to the branch.
- Determine delivery vehicle is in an operative condition daily by completing daily inspection/log. Maintain a clean vehicle and operate vehicle in a safe manner daily.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Check all load–related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all customers, professional conduct, and appearance
- Operate delivery vehicle in a safe, responsible, and courteous manor
- Ability to present clean driving abstract, and maintain it throughout employment
- Check vehicles before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Functionally literate and capable of recognizing parts numbers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Heavy duty parts supply background and /or knowledge an asset
- Forklift operator certification and 1 year experience operating a forklift an asset
COVID 19 Protocol: If you are not vaccinated or chose not to share that information, you will be required to wear a mask in the workplace. FGI is not mandating getting vaccinations or providing proof of vaccinations. If you are unvaccinated or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to wear a mask while performing your duties.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Those interviewed will be required to produce a copy of their driver abstract that is no more than 1 month old.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919, Fort Garry Industries operates 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia. Fort Garry is a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great Customer Service in a positive work environment.
We are looking for hard working, courteous and motivated individuals who can work in a fast- paced environment. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit plan including employer funded DPSP Program.