Fort Garry has an opening for a Full-Time Driver working out of our Regina branch. The position consists of picking up and delivering customer trucks and trailers brought in for repair to our service shop. When not driving for the service department, the job will consist of a variety of warehouse duties and some smaller deliveries with a 1-ton deck truck. The successful candidate must have a valid Class 1A license and will need to supply a Drivers Abstract.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Move equipment as necessary with class 8 tractor.
- Determine delivery vehicle is in an operative condition daily by completing daily inspection/log. Maintain a clean vehicle and operate vehicle in a safe manner daily.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, ensuring the order being delivered is correct and maintaining professionalism in appearance and conduct.
- Load materials into vehicle and install straps, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Follow company delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Operate delivery vehicle in a safe, responsible, and courteous manor.
- Check vehicles before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Verifying parts orders to ensure they are correct before shipment
- Re-stocking shelves
- Communicating missing stock and short shipment situations
- Adhering to all warehouse safety rules, including handling hazardous materials
- Other duties as assigned.
- Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Valid Class 1A drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Functionally literate and capable of recognizing parts numbers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Heavy duty parts supply background and /or knowledge an asset
- Forklift operator certification and 1 year experience operating a forklift an asset
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Those interviewed will be required to produce a copy of their driver abstract that is no more than 1 month old.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919, Fort Garry Industries operates 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia. Fort Garry is a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great Customer Service in a positive work environment.
We are looking for hard working, courteous and motivated individuals who can work in a fast- paced environment. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit plan including employer funded DPSP Program.