Fort Garry has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanic Installer in our Saskatoon Branch. The Mechanic Installer is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy-duty trucks and trailers. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and Installation of new and added-on equipment. Example-Snow plow, sanders, dump boxes, cement mixers, decks ext.
- Plan and installation of Electrical systems. Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Plan and Installation of Hydraulic system. Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Installation of Power take off
- Accurate completion of work orders and timecards
- Install and align engines and machinery
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty/snow equipment
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drivetrains, and final drives
- Repair/Installation of cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- Minimum 3rd year welding apprentice required.
- Journeyperson welding certificate preferred.
- 2–3-year experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Possess a valid driver’s license. Class 3 with air preferred
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
COVID 19 Protocol: If you are not vaccinated or chose not to share that information, you will be required to wear a mask in the workplace. FGI is not mandating getting vaccinations or providing proof of vaccinations. If you are unvaccinated or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to wear a mask while performing your duties.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.