Heavy-Duty Mechanic Installer
COVID 19 Protocol: Please note that all candidates will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status. Candidates that do not provide full vaccination status will not be considered.
Fort Garry Industries has an exciting opportunity for a Heavy-Duty Mechanic Installer working out of our Saskatoon branch. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic installer is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy-duty trucks and trailers. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders; however, the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and Installation of new and added-on equipment. Example- Snow plow, sanders, dump boxes, cement mixers, decks ext.
- Plan and installation of Electrical systems. Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Plan and Installation of Hydraulic system. Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Installation of Power take off
- Accurate completion of work orders and timecards
- Install and align engines and machinery
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty/snow equipment
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drivetrains, and final drives
- Repair/Installation of cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- 2–3-year experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Previous welding experience required
- Possess a valid driver’s license. Class 3 with air preferred
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Able to work shiftwork.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 18 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.