Heavy Duty Mechanic
Fort Garry Industries has an opening for a Full-Time Heavy-Duty Mechanic working out of our Regina branch. NOC C (7312)
The role is responsible for performing skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy-duty trucks and trailers.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Extensive benefits program including health, dental and life insurance
- Ongoing paid training
- Annual review and pay increases
- Advancement opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components
- Inspect, repair, and adjust gasoline and diesel-powered units
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required
- Installation of new and added-on equipment
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drivetrains, and final drives
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
Physical Demands and Equipment
- Physical ability to lift 50lb
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job. (Yearly safety shoe allowance)
- Safety glasses and other equipment as required
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Journey person heavy duty, truck & Trailer and/or transportation certificate an asset or equivalent education and experience.
- SGI truck and trailer inspection certification an asset
- Class 1 driver’s license an asset
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics of routine maintenance operations.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and attention to detail
- Shift work availability
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers, and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 19 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.