Outside Sales Representative
COVID 19 Protocol: Please note that all candidates will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status. Candidates that do not provide full vaccination status will not be considered.
Fort Garry Industries has an exciting career opportunity for an Outside Sales Representative, working out of our Thunder Bay branch. The Outside Sales Representative will sell FGI products and services to current and prospective customers. The successful candidate will be accountable for maximizing sales and gross profit within a defined territory, by growing share within existing customers through the sale of all product and service offerings, and by acquiring new customers.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work.
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with existing and prospective customers.
- Determine and develop potential of existing and prospective customers.
- Appropriately elevate customer issues to the correct resources for resolution support while serving as a conduit between FGI and the customer during resolution.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner during all sales calls and use professionally prepared materials.
- Provide management with reporting on accounts outlining customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends, etc.
- Participate in training programs that would include vendor, sales, and other professional development areas.
- 3 – 5 years sales experience in the commercial vehicle industry preferably in an Aftermarket Sales position
- Excellent communication skills including ability to make effective presentations.
- Exceptional organizational skill with ability to prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Experience with using CRM Program.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with clean driving record.
- Strong skill level with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent travel is required including overnights.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct presentations.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
Please note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.