Fort Garry has an opening for a Full-Time Parts Handler. This position consists of an array of functions that may include picking and filling orders from stock, receiving and processing incoming stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Fast paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for order fulfillment including the accurate and timely picking of parts
- Verifying parts to ensure they are correct before adding to order
- Assist in stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas
- Re-stocking shelves and moving parts
- Communicating missing stock
- Adhering to all safety rules
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop by emptying trash as necessary.
- Assist customers when looking for parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum of 1 year of general warehouse experience.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Functionally literate and capable of recognizing parts numbers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Forklift experience an asset.
We are looking for hard working, courteous and motivated individuals who can work in a fast- paced environment. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit plan including employer funded DPSP Program.
Established in 1919, Fort Garry Industries Ltd. is one of the largest aftermarket distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Canada. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Fort Garry is family owned and operated with facilities in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and BC.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted