COVID 19 Protocol: Please note that all candidates will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status. Candidates that do not provide full vaccination status will not be considered
Fort Garry has an opening for a Full-Time Parts Handler working out of our Lloydminster branch. This position consists of an array of functions that may include picking and filling orders from stock, receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, packing, and shipping orders, or managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Verifying parts to ensure they are correct before placing into production
- Assist in stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas
- Re-stocking shelves and moving parts
- Assisting with other production operational functions when required
- Adhering to all safety rules
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop by emptying trash as necessary.
- Assist customers when looking for parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum of 1 year of general warehouse experience.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Functionally literate and capable of recognizing parts numbers
- Previous knowledge of heavy duty or automotive parts an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Forklift experience an asset.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.