COVID 19 Protocol: Please note that all candidates will be required to provide proof of their full vaccination status. Candidates who do not provide full vaccination status will not be considered.
Fort Garry Industries has an exciting opportunity for Parts Technician working out of our Grande Prairie branch. NOC C (6221)
Serving customers in person and over the phone, this position is responsible for helping customers with the selection and purchase of parts for Heavy Duty trucks, trailers, buses, and other heavy equipment.
- Assist customers with assessing the correct parts for their need and application.
- Processes orders from walk-in customers, over the phone and by electronic communication
- Assist our Outside Sales Team in processing Customer orders and inquiries.
- Clearly and effectively communicate product features, benefits, and warranty policy to customers.
- Provide information on related items, specials, and new products.
- Locate and/or acquire items as required from stock, other locations, or suppliers.
- Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed.
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude and always show professionalism in conduct and appearance.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Be available to work a Saturday shift and be on-call after hours.
- May be required to operate powered mobile equipment with applicable training.
- Adhere to Fort Garry Industries policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Explorer, and Outlook)
- Knowledge and experience in Heavy Duty parts an asset
- Knowledge in Heavy Duty cataloguing and/or inventory management systems an asset.
- Ability to continuously learn in a fast-paced retail sale environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Handling of stock items that may include lifting or carrying of items up to 60 lbs.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- 1-year related experience in high volume customer service preferably in retail, industrial, wholesale, automotive or counter sales
- Completion of Parts Technician journeyman certificate an asset.
- Priority given to applicants with Heavy Duty Equipment knowledge and/or experience, but willing to train the right individual
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 18 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.