Fort Garry Industries has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Parts Technician working out of our Sudbury branch. NOC C (6221)
This position is responsible for helping customers with the selection and purchase of parts for heavy duty trucks, trailers, buses, and other heavy equipment.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages with a monthly bonus program
- Extensive benefits program including health, dental and life insurance
- Ongoing paid training
- Annual review and pay increases
- Advancement opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with assessing the correct parts for their need and application.
- Processes orders from walk-in customers, over the phone and e-mail.
- Assist our outside sales team in processing customer orders and inquiries.
- Clearly and effectively communicate product features, benefits, and warranty policies
- Provide information on related items, specials, and new products.
- Locate and/or acquire items as required from stock, other locations, or suppliers.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations through professionalism and conduct
- Be available to work a Saturday shift and be on-call after hours.
Physical Demands and Equipment:
- Handling of stock items that may include lifting or carrying of items up to 60 lbs.
- CSA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job. (Yearly safety shoe allowance)
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- 1-year related experience in high volume customer service preferably in retail, industrial, wholesale, automotive or counter sales
- Completion of Parts Technician journeyman certificate an asset.
- Functionally literate and capable of recognizing parts numbers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Google Chrome, and Outlook)
- Knowledge and experience in heavy duty parts, cataloguing and inventory systems an asset
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers, and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 19 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.