Assistant Service Writer
Fort Garry Industries has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Assistant Service Writer working out of our Winnipeg Branch. Reporting to the Service Manager and the Branch Manager, this role will assist the service department in providing excellent customer service while processing work orders and customer transactions efficiently and accurately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always greet customers in person and on the phone in a pleasant and courteous way.
- Schedule and process customer maintenance orders.
- Communicate with service customers to determine the nature of the mechanical problems.
- Secure agreement from customers on means of payment before repairs are started, on account, cash or credit card. Obtain PO # from customers with accounts
- Obtain customer and vehicle data.
- Handle telephone inquires regarding work in progress, appointments and return phone messages promptly.
- Contact customers by telephone regarding changes in the estimate or time promised.
- Assist the service manager as necessary.
- Follow company safety procedures.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in the heavy duty aftermarket service or automotive service repair field an asset.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- 1 years’ working experience in an administrative assistant role.
- Strong customer service skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COVID 19 Protocol: If you are not vaccinated or chose not to share that information, you will be required to wear a mask in the workplace. FGI is not mandating getting vaccinations or providing proof of vaccinations. If you are unvaccinated or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to wear a mask while performing your duties.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.