Fort Garry Industries has an exciting opportunity for a full time Service Manager working out of our Calgary Branch. The Service Manager is the lead position for the service shop. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Service Manager is responsible for leading and directing the activities of the service department and ensuring overall growth, profit objectives and customer service standards are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels and ensure procedures are performed effectively.
- Oversee shop operations to ensure compliance with quality and safety standards
- Keep up to date on vendor updates, warranty polices and product changes to maintain effectiveness in this role.
- Conducting periodic spot checks of all jobs throughout the day to ensure timely repairs, quality workmanship and cleanliness.
- Review open work orders and resolves issues to ensure successful resolution to outstanding matters.
- Assist in hiring positions in the department and ensuring all staff receive appropriate training and orientation to Fort Garry Industries.
- Evaluate service shop employees and conduct performance reviews.
- Ensure all staff in the service department are adhering to company policy and procedures, environmental laws, and regulations regarding waste disposal.
- Report and documents incidences of work and non-work-related injuries and absences.
- Resolve and document staff issues and/or complaints.
- Ensure service shop is always clean and in good repair, scheduling regular cleaning and maintenance of shop appearance, tool and equipment quality and workplace safety.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key individuals in top service accounts, key branch, and company accounts.
- Take initiative to create new sales opportunities for new and existing products through outside travel to customer locations and dealerships
- Address client complaints and resolve in a timely manner.
- Ensure special order returns and warranty claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Share successful practices with FGI team in and outside of branch.
- Active participation in meetings, conferences and events as required.
- Promote effective workplace health and safety practices.
- Continuous education through workshops and keeping up to date on relevant publications and developments in the automotive industry.
- Compliance with all necessary legislation and occupational health and safety standards.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Service Department operations
- High School diploma required, post secondary education preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and internet functions
- Basic understanding of financial principles related to Service Department Operations.
- Must have analytical, business planning, problem solving, communication, motivational and interpersonal people skills.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical problems related to Heavy Duty Truck/Trailer equipment preferred.
- Neat and clean appearance in accordance with company policy.
- Standing for long periods of time in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to loud noises
- Ability to lift 50lbs
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
COVID 19 Protocol: In branches that do not have a Provincial Mandate to wear masks – If you are not vaccinated or chose not to share that information, you will be required to wear a mask in the workplace. FGI is not mandating vaccinations or providing proof of vaccinations. If you are unvaccinated or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to wear a mask while performing your duties.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.