Fort Garry Industries has an opening for a Full-Time Shipper Receiver working out of our Thunder Bay branch. This position consists of an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, packing, and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the shipping and receiving of product
- Verifying parts orders to ensure they are correct before shipment
- Verifying shipments received against shipping documents
- Package, label and ship customer orders by courier, motor freight and local truck deliveries.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas
- Communicating missing or damaged stock and short shipment situations
- Assisting with other store operational functions
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse by sweeping, dusting, mopping, and emptying trash as necessary.
- Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- CSA approved safety-toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum of 1 year of general warehouse experience.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Functionally literate and capable of recognizing parts numbers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Heavy-duty parts supply background and /or knowledge an asset
- Forklift experience an asset.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
COVID 19 Protocol: If you are not vaccinated or chose not to share that information, you will be required to wear a mask in the workplace. FGI is not mandating getting vaccinations or providing proof of vaccinations. If you are unvaccinated or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to wear a mask while performing your duties.
Fort Garry Industries is a leading Distributor of Aftermarket Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts and Service, Trailers and Equipment. Established in 1919 and operating 16 locations from Ontario to British Columbia, we are a dynamic, growing organization dedicated to providing great customer service in a positive work environment.